Friday, April 23, 2010

Hitsville, U.S.A.

A couple weeks ago, Matt came to visit and we took a jaunt to Detroit. Fortunately, having an internship downtown has really allowed me to get to know the city better. I work with incredibly nice people and they have introduced me to some of their favorite local haunts. While I don't have any photos of said places, I do have documentation of some of the more touristy things we did that day. 
I had been wanting to go to the Motown Museum for quite some time now and was excited that Matt was interested in going as well. I think it ended up being rather inspirational for him, being surrounded by the vintage sound equipment and seeing just how small and unglamorous the studio is. Further proof that a successful recording business is a feasible aspiration. 
An 800 dollar investment turned into a 60 million dollar franchise. It can be done!
In between meals, we were looking for something else to do and it was suggested to us that we go to Belle Isle and see the conservatory. Unfortunately, by the time we got there, it was closed. But, it was still nice to explore the island (another Detroit gem I have been wanting to experience). We peaked into the greenhouses, took photos  and left behind our calling card on the greenhouse glass wall. We will definitely be returning in the summer for picnics in the park!

No comments: